Friday, January 28, 2011

Blazers Armon Johnson Assigned to D-League's Idaho Stampede

Filed under: ,

The Portland Trail Blazers have assigned rookie guard Armon Johnson to the NBA Development League's Idaho Stampede Friday, the team announced.

Johnson, a 6-foot-3 rookie point guard out of Nevada, has appeared in 28 games this season with the Trail Blazers and is averaging 3.1 points, 1.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 8.1 minutes. Over his last seven appearances, he's scored just four points -- all of which came from a 2-for-7 shooting performance during a 95-77 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Dec. 28.

Though it's possible to make the case that this move should have been made as soon as he was replaced by Patty Mills as Portland's backup point guard, it seems as though Johnson didn't see the benefit in playing in the D-League.

"I think you learn just as much (not playing in the NBA compared with playing in the D-League) because, being the type of person I am, I like to pay attention to it, pay attention to the game any way I can -- how people walk, how people talk out there on the court, pregame rituals, little things," Johnson told the Reno Gazette-Journal earlier this week. "I feel (staying on the Blazers' bench) is really helping me. And I'm around my teammates."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/28/blazers-armon-johnson-assigned-to-d-leagues-idaho-stampede/

Jessica White Jill Arrington Jill Wagner Joanna Krupa Joanne Montanez

No comments:

Post a Comment