Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Raptors Call Up Trey Johnson, the D-League's Leading Scorer

Filed under: , ,

Trey JohnsonTrey Johnson has paid his dues in the NBA D-League for at least part of the past four seasons, and it looks it's finally paid off. According to a source close to the situation, the 26-year-old Johnson has been called up by the Toronto Raptors for a 10-day contract.

Johnson, the D-League's leading scorer, is averaging 25.8 points, 4.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists while making 51 percent of his attempts from the field this season. In 101 career D-League games, all with the Bakersfield Jam, Johnson's posted averages of 20.2 points, 4.7 assists and 3.8 rebounds. He also earned two 10-day contracts with the Cleveland Cavaliers during the 2008-09 season, but appeared in just four games for 14 minutes total.

Johnson, a 6-foot-5 combo guard, told FanHouse following the D-League Showcase that he was ready and waiting for the right opportunity in the NBA.

"I have a strong belief in God and, for whatever reason, I'm still here. I'm not going to accept just getting called-up, having a 10-day contract, and then coming right back down, and maybe God understands that," Johnson told FanHouse following the Showcase. "Maybe He's like 'I'm going to get him to a situation where he's going to be able to perform well; where he's going to stick and get a legitimate opportunity to go out there and do some things.' I mean, I was called up to Cleveland and I had two 10-days, but I didn't really play. I'm very thankful for the opportunity, but how legit can I really say my time in the NBA was since I didn't really get a chance to play?"

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/24/raptors-call-up-trey-johnson-the-d-leagues-leading-scorer/

Milla Jovovich Minka Kelly Minki van der Westhuizen Miranda Kerr Mischa Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment