Monday, January 24, 2011

Case Keenum Gets a Sixth Chance at NCAA Records

Filed under: , ,

Case KeenumWhen Case Keenum's phone rang Friday afternoon, he knew his collegiate football future had been decided and he wasn't sure which way it would go.

Keenum, Houston's senior starting quarterback, suffered a torn ACL in the Cougars' third game of the 2010 season and appealed to the NCAA for a sixth year, an appeal many didn't think he'd win.

"I had a lot of people telling me I was going to get it and I wasn't sure I was, I had no clear feeling one way or the other," Keenum said. "Then coach Sumlin called and told me I got it. I was excited. I called my dad and he screamed like a little girl."

Keenum will be back for a sixth year and likely will break the NCAA career passing record of 17,072 yards set by Hawaii's Timmy Chang (2000-04). Keenum, Houston's all-time leading passer, had 13,586 yards when he suffered the injury against UCLA on Sept. 18. He's currently fifth all-time nationally. He also would need 27 touchdowns to tie Graham Harrell's record of 134 set at Texas Tech from 2005-08.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/17/case-keenum-gets-a-sixth-chance-at-ncaa-records/

Julie Berry K. D. Aubert Karen Carreno Karolína Kurková Kasey Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment