Friday, November 26, 2010

Roland Thatcher Feeling the Magic, Grabs Lead at Disney

Filed under:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- When a guy named Roland Churchill Thatcher IV is counting every penny and worrying about his rank on a money list, you know things have gotten tough.

Golf, however, audits with a different numbers system.

Besides, Thatcher has a confession to make.

"We come from a long line of auto workers and Navy families," he said. "There's no family business. My father was a retired airline pilot. I might have an in as a baggage handler at Southwest if I had to.

"But no, the name, as pretentious as it is ... my wife and I decided to stop it. We didn't pass it on to my son."

Instead, Thatcher is in this week's PGA Tour Children's Miracle Network Classic at Disney World hoping to create another identity.



 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://golf.fanhouse.com/2010/11/12/roland-thatcher-feeling-the-magic-grabs-lead-at-disney/

Paris Hilton Patricia Velásquez Paula Garcés Paulina Rubio Paz Vega

No comments:

Post a Comment