Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ales Kotalik Nears Return to Flames

Filed under:

Ales KotalikCALGARY -- It's no secret the Calgary Flames are in dire need of some offensive impetus, having scored just six goals in their past four games.

By the end of the week, they're hoping that the meek attack will be bolstered by a guy who has yet to see action this season: Ales Kotalik.

The Czech right winger made a real mish-mash of his knee during the latter part of training camp, damaging not one but two ligaments. But as the Flames prepared to meet Minnesota Wild on Monday night, Kotalik was on the Scotiabank Saddledome ice, testing out the knee and looking ahead to either Wednesday' game vs. Vancouver or Friday's game in Minnesota.

"It feels great," Kotalik acknowledged. "It's been a while. It's the most severe injury I've had in my career. It's not an easy thing to come back from. I've worked extremely hard in rehab and I'm committed to putting the work in and come back as strong as I have been.

"The doctors said it was pretty unusual. If it was one ligament only, I might be playing already. But I'm a heavy guy, I play with power on the ice, and it makes it harder for the ligaments to heal. I have to fight it and look for that comfort level."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/29/ales-kotalik-nears-return-to-flames/

Padma Lakshmi Paige Butcher

No comments:

Post a Comment