Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jack Roush, Flying High Again, Likes His Team's Championship Chances

Filed under: Ford, Roush Fenway Racing, Chase for the Sprint Cup, NASCARFew would argue that Jack Roush is an engineering genius, an inspiring leader and even a racing legend.

But overly sentimental Roush is not. And that's why despite having just survived his second plane crash in the last eight years, Roush's quest for a third NASCAR Sprint Cup championship is more calculated than emotional.

"When I was able to get back to the race team,'' Roush explained Monday in a Ford teleconference, "I took a deep breath and savored the moment, and said, 'You know, this might not have happened except for my good fortune and making it through my trial and tribulation here.'

"But once I took my deep breath and celebrated the moment that I was back, it's been business as usual for me.''

Fortunately for Roush, usual business is good business. Three of the four Roush-Fenway Racing team cars have qualified for the Chase for the Sprint Cup, NASCAR's 10-race playoff that begins Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

"If the question is, 'Am I back?' I'm back,'' said Roush, who has lost sight in his left eye after sustaining significant facial injuries in a July 27 plane crash, but missed only three weeks of work and has already piloted a plane again. Twice. Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Brittany Daniel Brittany Lee Brittany Murphy Brittany Snow Brittny Gastineau

No comments:

Post a Comment