Wednesday, October 27, 2010

For Now, Carmelo Anthony Feeling Good About Playing in Denver

Filed under: ,

DENVER -- Carmelo Anthony said he never had any doubts he'd still be with Denver for Wednesday's regular-season opener. But not everybody on the team felt that way.

Trade rumors have been swirling regarding Anthony since training camp started nearly a month ago. But he will be in his customary spot at small forward when the Nuggets open against Utah at the Pepsi Center.

"No, not at all,'' Anthony said Monday about whether he's surprised to still be in Denver for the opening game. "I'm a big believer that, until something happens, then nothing is going to happen. From day one, despite everything that was being said, I always believed I was going to be here for the first game.''

It might have been nice if Anthony had said that to teammate Chauncey Billups.

"Sure,'' Billups said of having doubts about Anthony still being with the Nuggets now. "I think, if anybody tells you no, they'd be lying. I definitely had doubts. ... The further along (rumors went), the further I took myself out of it. I'm not going to stress myself worrying about what's going to happen. I don't know what's going to happen. Nobody knows what's going to happen. He's here right now. We're looking to rock and roll early in the season.''



 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/10/25/for-now-carmelo-anthony-feeling-good-about-playing-in-denver/

Julia Stiles Julianne Hough Julie Benz Julie Berry K. D. Aubert

No comments:

Post a Comment